Musical Production Society
A society which aims to put on a Musical Production!
We get together and put together a variety of segments from your favourite musicals! We then put our best picks together in March in an End of Term Showcase! Offering you a chance to be a part of putting on a production, whether it be cast, ensemble, crew, dancers, assistant director or band (depending on joining numbers). This is an amateur society which means you don't have to be a professional! If you're willing to put in the work, we can make you a part of it.
- Taster sessions will be held on Thursday 27th September and 4th October 2018 from 18:30 until 21:00.
- From September - December, we will be running weekly sessions on Thursdays from 18:30 until 20:30.
- From January - March, we will be running weekly sessions on Mondays from 18:30 until 21:00.
- Meetings are held in the Students' Union Meeting Room 1 (unless previously stated).
- You must register as a member and pay your membership before you can audition or join the crew.
- Auditions will be held on Thursday 11th and 18th October 2018. Please make sure you are a registered member by this point. We will send out audition information via email to members and will have to schedule you a time to come in.
- Auditions are held so that we can see what your ability is like so we can fit you in to the right part(s).
- If you would like to join the crew or would like to be an assistant director, you will also have to come in for a short chat during the audition slots.
- If you join the society, we expect you to ensure you are able to attend all sessions! We do have to be strict with people to ensure we can put on a brilliant production. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us.
- We also recommend you attend a taster session. If you're unable to attend one of the taster sessions, please contact us and we will be happy to invite you to a session so you get a feel for the society and so we can give you plenty of information and answer any questions.
- Please read all of the information below too before joining so you know exactly what you're signing up for!
We have a policy that everyone who auditions can be part of the show. If you audition as a member of the cast/ensemble but don't get a part as a main member of the cast for a particular show segment or song, you will automatically become a member of the ensemble who are a huge part of putting the show together, we can't have a show without them! We also need dancers who can not only be the forefront of the dance numbers but also to help us choreograph the show - we want the production to be made special by its members. The crew will be responsible for taking care of set design (where necessary), costume, props (where applicable), hair, make-up and (potentially) lighting and sound. The assistant directors are there to help the show director with putting on the show. As the director will have to look after many things, there will be an assistant director post for each song number so they can help lead sessions on those numbers and prepare everything necessary. We may have a band but please bare in mind, this is entirely dependent on whether or not we have enough members who can play a variety of instruments. If you are joining and would like to be a member of the band - please make sure you have a backup choice in case we have to do this!
If you have any questions, please contact us, we don't bite and we are happy to answer any questions! Remember, no question is silly; if you are unsure, we would rather confirm everything for you so there is no doubt!