Musical Production Society
A society which aims to put on a Musical Production!
We get together and put together a variety of segments from your favourite musicals! We then put our best picks together once in December and once in March in an End of Term Showcase! Offering you a chance to be a part of putting on a production, whether it be cast, ensemble, crew, dancers or band (depending on joining numbers). This is an amateur society which means you don't have to be a professional! If you're willing to put in the work, we can make you a part of it.
- Taster sessions will be held on Thursday 27th September and 4th October 2018 from 18:30 until 21:00.
- From September - December, we will be running weekly sessions on Thursdays from 18:30 until 20:30.
- From January - March, we will be running weekly sessions on Mondays from 18:30 until 21:00.
- Meetings are held in the Students' Union Meeting Room 1 (unless previously stated).
- You must register as a member and pay your membership before you can audition or join the crew.
- Auditions will be held on Thursday 11th and 18th October 2018. Please make sure you are a registered member by this point. We will send out audition information via email to members and will have to schedule you a time to come in.
- Auditions are held so that we can see what your ability is like so we can fit you in to the right part(s).
- We will also hold auditions in January so that any new members get a chance to show off their talent - details of this will be sent out to members and posted on the Facebook page in December.
- If you join the society, we expect you to ensure you are able to attend all sessions! We do have to be strict with people to ensure we can put on a brilliant production. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us.
- We also recommend you attend a taster session. If you're unable to attend one of the taster sessions, please contact us and we will be happy to invite you to a session so you get a feel for the society and so we can give you plenty of information and answer any questions.
- Please read all of the information below too before joining so you know exactly what you're signing up for!
We have a policy that everyone who auditions can be part of the show. If you audition as a member of the cast/ensemble but don't get a part as a main member of the cast for a particular show segment or song, you will automatically become a member of the ensemble who are a huge part of putting the show together, we can't have a show without them! We also need dancers who can not only be the forefront of the dance numbers but also to help us choreograph the show - we want the production to be made special by its members. The crew will be responsible for taking care of set design (where necessary), costume, props (where applicable), hair, make-up and (potentially) lighting and sound. We may have a band but please bare in mind, this is entirely dependent on whether or not we have enough members who can play a variety of instruments. If you are joining and would like to be a member of the band - please make sure you have a backup choice in case we have to do this!
If you have any questions, please contact us, we don't bite and we are happy to answer any questions! Remember, no question is silly; if you are unsure, we would rather confirm everything for you so there is no doubt!
Join Musical Production Society
Purchasing of memberships for 2017/18 academic year have now closed.
Memberships for 2018/19 will be available at the start of the new academic year.