Musical Production Society
A society which aims to put on a Musical Production!
We get together and put together a variety of segments from your favourite musicals! We then put our best picks together around March in an End of Term Showcase! Offering you a chance to be a part of putting on a production, whether it be cast, ensemble, crew, dancers, assistant director or band (depending on joining numbers). This is an amateur society which means you don't have to be a professional! If you're willing to put in the work, we can make you a part of it.
· Our taster session will be held on Monday 23rd September 2019 from 18:00 until 21:00.
· We will be running weekly sessions on Mondays from 18:30 until 21:00, throughout the year.
· After Christmas, we will be running two sessions per week, the Monday session as normal and we will also have a Wednesday session from 18:30 until 21:00.
· Sessions are held in the Eldon W 1.11 (unless previously stated).
· You must register as a member and pay your membership before you can audition or join the crew.
· Auditions will be held on Monday 30th September 2019. Please make sure you are a registered member by this point. We will send out audition information via email to members and will have to schedule you a time to come in.
· Auditions are held so that we can see what your ability is like so we can fit you in to the right part(s).
· If you would like to join the crew or would like to be an assistant director, you will also have to come in for a short chat during the audition slots.
· If you join the society, we expect you to ensure you can attend all sessions! We do have to be strict with people to ensure we can put on a brilliant production. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact us.
· We also recommend you attend a taster session. If you're unable to attend one of the taster sessions, please contact us and we will be happy to invite you to a session so you get a feel for the society and so we can give you plenty of information and answer any questions.
· Please read all the information below too before joining so you know exactly what you're signing up for!
We have a policy that everyone who auditions can be part of the show. If you audition as a member of the cast/ensemble but don't get a part as a main member of the cast for a show segment or song, you will automatically become a member of the ensemble who are a huge part of putting the show together, we can't have a show without them! We also need dancers who can not only be the forefront of the dance numbers but also to help us choreograph the show - we want the production to be made special by its members. The crew will be responsible for taking care of set design (where necessary), costume, props (where applicable), hair, make-up and (potentially) lighting and sound. The assistant directors are there to help the show director with putting on the show. As the director will have to look after many things, there will be an assistant director post for each song number so they can help lead sessions on those numbers and prepare everything necessary. We may have a band but please bear in mind, this is entirely dependent on whether we have enough members who can play a variety of instruments. If you are joining and would like to be a member of the band - please make sure you have a backup choice just in case we have to do this!
If you have any questions, please contact us, we don't bite, and we are happy to answer any questions! Remember, no question is silly; if you are unsure, we would rather confirm everything for you so there is no doubt!