The best place for fans of everything alternative.
UPSU Rock Society is for those who want to experience the more alternative side of being a University of Portsmouth student!
Whether you love metal, indie or something in between; the society is open to anyone who loves a good time!
We have plenty of exciting socials planned for our members during the coming year including:
• Subsidised society trips to Playzone, Bowlplex, Laser Quest and more
• Many large scale pub crawls all over Portsmouth
• Weekly hangouts at the best alternative pubs and clubs
• Group travels to festivals and gigs
Membership costs £5 and also includes a RockSoc card which entitles you to many great discounts such as:
• *New for 2017* £3 entry to District at Wedgewood rooms
• Half price entry to Delight at The Astoria
• £1 entry to Connections at Zanzi (£2 after 11.30!)
• £3.50 (25p off) cocktails at The Deco
• 12% off at vintage clothes and record shop Dress Code
• Various surprise one off discounts throughout the year...
For those of you new to the Portsmouth scene we'd recommend you check out these awesome nights out!
Mondays - Delight @ Astoria on Guildhall Walk (Modern Rock, Metal and Festival Anthems)
Thursdays - Connections @ Zanzi on Guildhall Walk (Indie)
Fridays (Alternates weekly) - It's A Sin and Wolf Cub Club @ Wedgewood Rooms on Albert Road (80s + 90s Anthems // Alternative Rock)
Fridays (Monthly) - Thunderdome @ Edge of The Wedge (Heavy Metal And Hard Rock)
Saturdays (Monthly) - District @ Wedgewood Rooms (Alternative, Metal, Punk)
Feel free to email us, post on our facebook, or even better come find us in The Deco every Thursday from around 8pm onwards!